Saturday, October 9, 2010

Amedei no. 9 by Serizawakatsuki

Description
Amedei 9, 75% cacao, combined from 9 different plantation, with the family secret recipe. Ingredient: cocoa mass, cane sugar, cocoa butter, vanilla.

Notes
Intense chocolate aroma, nutty and floral or herb hint, sometimes with leather aroma. (Compare with Lindt Madagascar, that I savor while I write this, Amedei aromas was so hard to describe, actually I'm not sure about the aroma that I smell) 

Initial Impression
Look at the picture above, the high shine that I saw just after unwrapped, was cover by dusty, my bad. Actually, compare with Porcelana, the appearance are almost the same, except the light brown colour is a little bit more darker than Porcelana, with slight reddish.
When I break the bar, it has clean and crisp 'snap' sound.

Taste Impression
At first, fresh citrus acid emerge gradually, more intense during the time it melted. When I chewed it, a subtle nutty flavor came out for a while, still dominate by the citrus acid and chocolatey flavor. Just before finish, I sense freshly baked bread and it finish with the flavor of coffee (like I've been drinking coffee). The aftertaste lingering for a few minutes, and still nice even I'm not drink water (usually, after eat chocolate, I must drink some water because it's aftertaste left too dry for me)

Texture Impression
Smooth and thicker than Porcelana. Melted more slowly than Porcelana, still creamy though not ganache-like. 

Overall Impression
With the cheaper price than Porcelana, I think this bar was so great! Absolutely I will buy this bar again if I have the chance.

Rating
5 out of 5, another excellence chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment